Monday, July 13, 2015

Planning the First Week of School

It's time for summer prep! I know, I know, it's a bit early(school starts in a month) but this year I am playin' no games. Last year was my first year so i didn't know what I was getting into. But this year, I have more tools in my teacher tool box. One tool is to prepare in advance. There was countless nights and weekends were I was struggling to come up with lessons. There was also times were i created a lesson that morning! This year is going to be different and it starts now with planning. This year i will be using interactive notebooks again, but unlike last year i will be using them for the entire year. Of course i will keep updating my blog and though TpT. So far my first week of school will go as follows:

First Week of School
Monday-Introduction to Civics and Game
Tuesday-Expectations, Rules, & Procedures
Wednesday-Start Notebook Set up- Table of contents, Name thinking map
Thursday-Return Syllabus and hand activity(idea from Everybody is a Genius)
Friday-Learning style and Multiple Intelligence( again from Everybody is a genius)

Now that I have my plan, I went to Walmart and purchased a 5 subject book. This will be he same book I will require for students when the school year start. I think it is important to have a notebook to show students exactly how you want the pages to look. I also like the 5 subject notebook because it gives the students ( and me ) enough space. Again, i will update as i progress!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment